The ideal candidate will be someone who takes the initiative to research, design and implement complex projects and is able to work well with people at all levels of the firm. Experience with public safety, civic, judicial, or detention projects preferred.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills for reports, proposals, applications and contracts.
- Ability to adapt plans according to circumstances and resolve issues during construction.
- Maintain contact with existing BKL clients.
- Create and administer schedule and budget.
- Review plans for quality assurance.
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects.
- Traveling regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings.
- Contribute by pursuing and bringing in new projects or clients
- Participate in office business development meetings and discussions.
- Professional (NAAB Accredited) Degree in Architecture / Licensed Architect
- Must have 7 to 10 years of experience working in an architectural design firm
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent client relationship skills and experience.
- Able to work with clients and team members to solve problems of all types: design, production, estimates, schedules, details, etc.
- Proficient with Revit for design and production is preferred
- Skilled in analytical thinking to support the design process
- A self-motivated individual able to work well in a collaborative office environment
- Good computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel)
- The ability to handle multiple tasks, deadlines and interact effectively with others in the workplace is an essential function of the job.
- Detail-oriented, methodical, meticulous, process-oriented, yet open to change and motivated by innovation.
- Great collaborator and communicator – excellent verbal and written skills are important
- Ambitious self-starter with get-it-done attitude who strives for results and performs well under pressure
- Sense of humor
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.