Summer Internship - Architecture
BKL is looking for candidates for a Summer Architecture Internship opportunity. The ideal candidate will be pursuing a degree in Architectural Design and have excellent communication and time management skills. You must be able to work well with people at all levels of the firm and have some design and production experience. You should be self-motivated and demonstrate a willingness to learn, share and contribute to our collaborative office environment. During the internship, you will perform various tasks such as calculations, sketches/drawings, safety plans, and assist in field assignments. You will have the opportunity to coordinate with other disciplines including civil, structural, and architectural engineering in a collaborative office environment.
- Current enrollment in an accredited architectural design program
- 0-2 years of experience in an architectural office environment
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Some Revit and production experience
- Skilled in analytical thinking, modeling, and rendering to support the design process
- Adapt plans according to circumstances and resolve issues during construction
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects
- Some traveling to building sites, proposed locations, and client meetings
- Complete detailed construction documents to meet the assigned scope of work
- Prepare architectural plans and 3D renderings under deadlines
- Manage and organize multiple assignments
- Research code and analyze site to ensure contract conformance
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as consultants and construction managers
- Assist with writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications, and contracts
- Aid in the preparation of estimates
BKL provides our employees with ongoing learning opportunities, great benefits, and a team-centered environment. We encourage our employees to discover and develop their own particular talents, skills, and interests in order to reach their own full potential.
For 75 years, BKL has been a leading architecture and engineering firm in public design serving the state of Oklahoma. And now as a women-owned firm, we continue strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients, seek out exceptional talent, and build a stronger community both in and outside of the office. BKL offers flexible work schedules, competitive salaries and strong personal and professional benefit packages including 401k with company match, health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and paid time off.
- Professional Benefits
- Internal and External Continuing Education Opportunities
- Professional Memberships Reimbursement
- Building Product Lunches
- Project Site Tours
- Company Wide Social Gatherings
BKL is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.