BKL is looking for a highly motivated Architect Intern with excellent communication and team management skills. The ideal candidate needs to be able to work well with people at all levels of the firm and have architectural design and production experience. This candidate will be self-motivated and demonstrate a willingness to learn, share and contribute to our collaborative office environment.
- Professional (NAAB Accredited) Degree in Architecture.
- 0-5 years of experience in an architectural office environment.
- Strong Revit and production skills are required.
- Self-motivated individual able to work well in a highly collaborative office environment
- Graphic communication skills to support a variety of presentation media: presentation drawings, marketing materials, feasibility studies, etc. Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign skills
- Skilled in analytical thinking, modeling, and rendering to support the design process
- Ability to handle job stress, deadlines and interact effectively with others in the workplace is an essential function of the job
- Possess knowledge of building codes, specifications, and construction materials
- Good computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Public safety, civic, or detention experience preferred
- Detail-oriented, methodical, meticulous, process-oriented, yet open to change and motivated by innovation.
- Great collaborator and communicator – excellent verbal and written skills are important
- Ambitious self-starter with get-it-done attitude who strives for results and performs well under pressure
- Adapt plans according to circumstances and resolve issues during construction.
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects.
- Traveling regularly to building sites, proposed locations, and client meetings.
- Complete detailed construction documents to meet the assigned scope of work
- Prepare architectural plans and 3D renderings and complete requested redline changes and revisions
- Manage and organize multiple assignments
- Research code and analyze site to ensure contract conformance.
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as consultants and construction managers
- Assist with writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications, and contracts
- Aid in the preparation of estimates
- Apply for and obtain permits
- Assist in streamlining of the design process from conceptual design through completion
BKL provides our employees with ongoing learning opportunities, great benefits, and a team-centered environment. We encourage our employees to discover and develop their own particular talents, skills, and interests in order to reach their own full potential.
For 75 years, BKL has been a leading architecture and engineering firm in public design serving the state of Oklahoma. And now as a women-owned firm, we continue strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients, seek out exceptional talent, and build a stronger community both in and outside of the office. BKL offers flexible work schedules, competitive salaries and strong personal and professional benefit packages including 401k with company match, health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and paid time off.
- Professional Benefits
- Internal and External Continuing Education Opportunities
- Professional Memberships Reimbursement
- Building Product Lunches
- Project Site Tours
- Company Wide Social Gatherings
BKL is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.