Civil Engineer Internship
BKL is actively searching for a dynamic and self-driven candidate interested in furthering their civil engineering education in a real world setting. We’re looking for someone with outstanding communication abilities and adept team management skills. The ideal candidate should be seeking a degree in civil engineering, which will enable them to thrive in our collaborative design work environment.
Key qualities we seek include the ability to engage effectively with colleagues at all levels within the firm. We value candidates who are not only self-motivated but also display a strong commitment to continuous learning and a willingness to actively participate in our collaborative office culture. If you’re passionate about civil design and eager to contribute your skills to a dynamic team, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our organization.
- Working toward a degree in Civil Engineering
- Experience in transportation design preferred
- Site civil design a plus
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and respond to short notice work assignments
- Available and willing to travel primarily in and around the Tulsa area
- Proficiency in OpenRoads or AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred
- The ability to adapt to an ever-changing schedule
- Able to follow precise directions and procedures
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Roadway grading, paving and alignment
- Drainage design for roads and site
- Site civil grading and parking
- Sidewalk and trail design
- PS&E coordination and assembly
- Quality review
- Keeping up with and interacting with existing clients
- Participate in office business development meetings and discussion
BKL provides our employees with ongoing learning opportunities, great benefits, and a team-centered environment. We encourage our employees to discover and develop their own particular talents, skills, and interests in order to reach their own full potential.
For 75 years, BKL has been a leading architecture and engineering firm in public design serving the state of Oklahoma. And now as a women-owned firm, we continue strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients, seek out exceptional talent, and build a stronger community both in and outside of the office. BKL offers flexible work schedules, competitive salaries and strong personal and professional benefit packages including 401k with company match, health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and paid time off.
- Professional Benefits
- Internal and External Continuing Education Opportunities
- Professional Memberships Reimbursement
- Building Product Lunches
- Project Site Tours
- Company Wide Social Gatherings
BKL is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
Meet Our Team
BKL is a team of problem solvers and innovators who thrive on going above and beyond. We offer our clients something greater than just design – we help them to achieve their goals.