Project Manager – Architecture
BKL is seeking a highly motivated Project Manager who is a registered architect with excellent design and communication skills. The ideal candidate will take the initiative to research, design, and implement complex projects and work effectively with people at all levels of the firm. Experience with public safety, civic, judicial, or detention projects is preferred.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Professional (NAAB Accredited) Degree in Architecture / Licensed Architect.
- 7 to 10 years of experience working in an architectural design firm.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Strong client relationship skills and experience.
- Proficiency in Revit for design and production is preferred.
- Skilled in analytical thinking to support the design process.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well in a collaborative office environment.
- Good computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Detail-oriented, methodical, meticulous, process-oriented, yet open to change and motivated by innovation.
- Strong collaborator and communicator with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ambitious self-starter with a results-oriented attitude and the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Sense of humor
- Excellent writing and presentation skills for reports, proposals, applications, and contracts.
- Ability to adapt plans according to circumstances and resolve issues during construction.
- Maintain contact with existing BKL clients.
- Create and administer schedules and budgets.
- Review plans for quality assurance.
- Liaise with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects.
- Regularly travel to building sites, proposed locations, and client meetings.
- Contribute by pursuing and bringing in new projects or clients.
- Participate in office business development meetings and discussions.
- Internal and External Continuing Education Opportunities.
- Professional Memberships Reimbursement.
- Building Product Lunches.
- Project Site Tours.
- Company-Wide Social Gatherings.
For 75 years, BKL has been a leading architecture and engineering firm in public design, serving the state of Oklahoma. As a women-owned firm, we are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of services to our clients, seeking out exceptional talent, and building a stronger community both in and outside of the office. BKL offers flexible work schedules, competitive salaries, and robust personal and professional benefit packages, including 401k with company match, health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and paid time off. Additionally, we prioritize ongoing learning opportunities, a team-centered environment, and support our employees in discovering and developing their unique talents and skills.
BKL is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Meet Our Team
BKL is a team of problem solvers and innovators who thrive on going above and beyond. We offer our clients something greater than just design – we help them to achieve their goals.