Project Manager – Civil
BKL is looking for a highly motivated Civil Engineering Project Manager with excellent communication and team management skills. The ideal candidate needs to be able to work well with people at all levels of the firm and have architectural design and production experience. This candidate will be self-motivated and demonstrate a willingness to learn, share and contribute to our collaborative office environment.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in transportation design preferred
- Site civil design a plus
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and respond to short notice work assignments
- Available and willing to travel primarily in and around the Tulsa area
- Expereience in OpenRoads or AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred
- The ability to adapt to an ever-changing schedule
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Strong client relationship skills and experience.
- Skilled in analytical thinking to support the design process.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well in a collaborative office environment.
- Good computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Detail-oriented, methodical, meticulous, process-oriented, yet open to change and motivated by innovation.
- Strong collaborator and communicator with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Sense of humor
- Roadway grading, paving and alignment
- Drainage design for roads and site
- Site civil grading and parking
- Sidewalk and trail design
- PS&E coordination and assembly
- Quality review
- Keeping up with and interacting with existing clients
- Participate in office business development meetings and discussion
- Excellent writing and presentation skills for reports, proposals, applications, and contracts.
- Ability to adapt plans according to circumstances and resolve issues during construction.
- Maintain contact with existing BKL clients.
- Create and administer schedules and budgets.
- Review plans for quality assurance.
- Liaise with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects.
- Regularly travel to building sites, proposed locations, and client meetings.
- Contribute by pursuing and bringing in new projects or clients.
- Participate in office business development meetings and discussions.
- Internal and External Continuing Education Opportunities.
- Professional Memberships Reimbursement.
- Building Product Lunches.
- Project Site Tours.
- Company-Wide Social Gatherings.
BKL provides our employees with ongoing learning opportunities, great benefits, and a team-centered environment. We encourage our employees to discover and develop their own particular talents, skills, and interests in order to reach their own full potential.
For 75 years, BKL has been a leading architecture and engineering firm in public design, serving the state of Oklahoma. As a women-owned firm, we are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of services to our clients, seeking out exceptional talent, and building a stronger community both in and outside of the office. BKL offers flexible work schedules, competitive salaries, and robust personal and professional benefit packages, including 401k with company match, health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and paid time off. Additionally, we prioritize ongoing learning opportunities, a team-centered environment, and support our employees in discovering and developing their unique talents and skills.
BKL is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Meet Our Team
BKL is a team of problem solvers and innovators who thrive on going above and beyond. We offer our clients something greater than just design – we help them to achieve their goals.